Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us...Hope year ahead will bring new hopes new possibilities & more joy in to our life. Each passing year we are getting old ;) & gaining more experience of life.
So far, I shared 23 recipes & this one(24th)I learned from one of my co-blogger.Thanks to the blogosphere that I came across to "Hamari Rasoi". I tried her “replica of hide & seek biscuit recipe” & it turned out very well. Biscuits are very crispy and the best thing we can store it.
That is enough of chatting note the recipe & enjoys homemade biscuits. See you next year till then Take care & keep Smiling…:)
“Wishing you a Happy New Year 2012!”
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, cocoa & pinch of salt.
- Beat the egg separately for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Add ghee, sugar and beat them again for few minutes until incorporated.
- Next, chocolate essence and mix it gently.
- Now, mix the batter to the flour little at a time to avoid lumps.
- Mix batter well, add chocolate chips and combine well.
- Flatten the dough into a disk shape, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill the dough for at least an hour or until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough & cut in to diamond shape using cookie cutter.
- With a toothpick, draw slanted lines across the biscuits & sprinkle the rest of the choco chips on top.
- Place on the prepared baking sheets and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven for 10 minutes.
- Bake for about 9-10 minutes at 170C depending on your oven.
RS Notes :-)
- Grind sugar and use it in powder form.
- I used onion cutter to make impression on biscuits, you can use toothpick as describe in original recipe.
- Once you are ready with baking tray, keep it in a refrigerator. This will firm up the dough so the biscuits will maintain their shape when baked. Else, you will not get the desired designs on your biscuits.