“Rohu ka muda moh ka pet
Dahi ka oper gudd ka het”
Did you get anything?
The above quoted text is a local proverbs of North India and it means the best part of Rohu Fish is head which is use to enhance the curry flavour. Moh is another kind of fish gives more taste when uses the middle part and best part of curd is its top layer and lowest part of jaggery has more benefits.
This is the reason I am recommending you should use head part along with fish pieces to get the actual flavour, and this is how it should be prepared.
|Rohu Fish||7 Pcs.|
|Red Chilii pwd||2 tsp|
|Coriander Pwd||2 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric||1 1/4 tsp|
|Lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|Rice Flour||1/2 cup|
- Wash fish pieces
under running water, smear it with 1/2 tsp salt and lemon and keep it for one
minute. Wash off immediately and keep it aside to strain the water.
- In a flat plate, mix the “fish frying” ingredients.
- Heat oil in pan, put each fish pieces in to the prepared plate cover it from both the side and fry on a medium flame from both the sides until it turns in to golden color. keep it aside.
- Remove any impurities from the above used oil and pour “To grind” ingredients in to the oil and salt, turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala and coriander powder and cook it until oil separate out.
- Pour 2 cups water in to it and adjust the salt, keep it simmering for five minutes.
- Put Fish pieces and simmer it for sometime or approximately three minutes.
- Enjoy the North Indian flavour with steamed rice.
RS Notes :-)
- How to wash fish: Remove eyes from head and scrape the scales with a dull knife. Clean all impurities and rub all pieces on a rough surface. Pull out all entrails from abdomens and use them with skins.
- I am giving you rough knowledge about Khatai/Raw mango powder/Amchur: Seedless raw mangoes are to be peel and dried under sunlight. Later, grind it and mix along with oil, salt and garlic pods and it can be use for 1 or 2 years.