Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 30-40 minutes
|Rice (Basmati)||2 cups|
|Red chilies(paste)||2 tsp|
|Soy sauce (black)||3/4tsp|
|To Marinate Chicken:|
|Chicken (breast)||100 gm|
|Plain flour||3 tsp|
|Corn flour||1 tsp|
- Wash and cut chicken in to cubes or desired pieces.Marinate it and keep it aside for 40minutes.
- Heat oil and fry chicken on medium flame.Take them out on tissue paper.
- Wash and soak rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Cook rice either using microwave or large cooking utensil. (keep in mind you have to get separate rice grains)
- OR Cook rice in a large or deep pan add 41/2 cups of water, 1/2tsp salt and 1tsp oil or lemon juice or vinegar and bring it to boil. Turn the gas slow and let it cook for 10 minutes or when you observe the rice is cooked,Turn off the gas.Strain remaining water and spread the rice on stainless steel tray.
- Use the same fry pan you have used for frying chicken. Turn the flame on medium and saute ginger garlic paste for few seconds. (use 3tbsp oil)
- Put chopped ginger & garlic cook for 40 seconds. (It shouldn't burn)
- Add chopped vegetables and cook it on high flame for 3-4minutes while keep stirring.(vegetables shouldn't lose their crispy texture)
- Turn the gas slow add Red chilies paste,Schezwan chutney,Schezwan sauce, Soy sauce,tomato sauce and vinegar adjust salt and mix altogether well.
- Add chicken and rice and mix well with all sauces & vegetables and stir fry for 4-6 minutes until schezwan rice is well heated.
RS Notes :-)
- You can add vegetables of your choice.
- Adjust Salt & chillies as per your requirements.
- Garnish your rice with chopped coriander leaves or give it a final toss with chopped spring onions.