I do not know how I always forget to note down the ingredients of Chicken Biryani and last time I jotted down each details.HOWEVER,mistakenly delete the notes when sorting my mobile data.;( Poor, Rash…I had to scratch my head to write this post.I closed the door sat down in front of my PC while sipping Tea,completed the recipe.Alhamdulillah am glad I've included the recipe in to my online journal.
Nowadays,there is lot’s of recipes available to make Chicken Biryani.Do you know what is more important,apart from knowing the recipe?
Selecting the best rice and cooking it!Most people fail to cook Biryani Rice and foodies will not appreciate overcooked rice.
Let’s proceed to the recipe…
Recipe Source: IR
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
Cooking Time: 2-3 hours
Serves: 15-18 person
|Black pepper corns||2|
|Green Cardamom||2 nos.|
|Bay leaves||1 tbsp|
|Garam Masala||1+1/2 tsp|
|Corinader Leaves||1+1/2 cups|
|Finely Grind Masala:|
|Black Cumin seeds||3/4 tsp|
|Green Cardamom||3 nos.|
|Black Cardamom||2 nos.|
|Black Pepper||1 tsp|
|Ghee(semi solid)||6 tbsp|
1.Wash the chicken and keep it in a strainer.
2. Slice onions longitudinally in to uniform thickness.
3. Heat the oil saute onions until golden brown.Take out on to tissue paper.Keep some part to use for layering Biryani (Approximately 3 onions) and large portion for grinding with 'Masala'.
4. Pour the ghee and leave the black pepper corn,cardamom and bay leaves in to oil for few seconds.
5. Put ginger,garlic paste in to it and stir it for good 2 minutes.
6. Add Chicken, turmeric,salt and mix everything well and cook it on high flame, until water dries out.
7. Now, add chopped tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
8. Mix 'grounded masala' and cook on medium flame until water dries out completely and chicken get tender.
9. To Prepare Rice: Wash and soak rice in to measured water.
10. Heat the ghee in to large flat bottomed and thick vessel.
11. Throw bay leaf,cardamom,and black cardamom and black cumin seed in to the heated oil,let it splutter.
12. Now, add ginger,garlic paste and stir it for 1 minutes.
13. Now, transfer soaked rice and salt.Cook it on high flame until water starts bubbling.Now turn the flame at low and cook the rice.
14. Layering Biryani: Put saffron strands in to milk,mashing it by Muller.Drop colour in to it and keep it aside.
15. Now,Take a large vessel(approx size 6*14+1/2) and apply little ghee on the base or use the same vessel you have cooked Rice.
16. Start spreading Rice,Sprinkle little amount of saffron milk, followed by almonds and cashew.
17. Garnish little golden onions,chopped coriander leaves equally.
18. Spread chicken equally on to this layer(chicken pieces should be organize uniformly).
19. Now place a Rice layer and followed by saffron milk,nuts,onions and coriander leaves.
20. Again,spread the remaining chicken.
21. Lastly,spread the Rice and followed by saffron milk,nuts,onions and coriander leaves.
22. Heat the charcoal in an open flame for 5 minutes,keep it on small stainless steel bowl and pour 1tsp ghee on it and close the Biryani lid immediately placing it inside the vessel.
23.Keep it for steaming for 20-25 minutes.
24.Have Biryani with your favourite yoghurt salad.
RS Notes :-)
- · While cooking chicken if you observe chicken is tender and masala need few minutes more to cook.Please take out chicken pieces and keep it aside.· Here 1 cup Rice is approximately 80gms.· Steaming:Put Tawa on high flame for 5 minutes.Now,Keep the Biryani pot hot tawa for 20-25 minutes at medium flame.Time will vary depending on the quantity of the Biryani.· Seal the steam with dough,if you observe it coming out. Stick the lid with pot using wheat dough.