I do not feel good to see how badly vegetables has mashed to become one and served as Pav Bhaji but I have to admit they taste so good that you cannot stop eating unless you finish with two pav.;)
Yummy Potatoes,beautiful cauliflower,most savoured green peas and tangy tomatoes mix with red chili,pav bhaji masala to bring awesome taste to it…Topped with Mr.Butter and fresh coriander leaves,roasted buttery Pav.You cannot dare to refuse to have a bite and then you can’t stop.;)
Most of you have had Pav Bhaji during their visits to Mumbai.This Indian Fast Food originated as Maharashtra cuisine and now served at most of the part of India.If you are health conscious,just skip the butter and enjoy the healthiest fast food.Yayyyyy!
Recipe Source: IR
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 5-6 person
|Geen Peas(shelled)||1 cup|
|Capsicum(small cubes)||1/2 cup|
|Cauliflowers(cut small)||2 cups|
|Carrots(diced small)||1/2 cup|
|Red chili(pwd)||3 tsp|
|Pav Bhaji(pwd)||2 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||1 cup|
|Lemon(cut in to wedges)||3|
1.Wash the vegetables and cut as suggested.
2. In a pressure cook add vegetables,salt,turmeric and cook it until you hear one whistle at medium flame.Keep vegetable in a strainer.(add less than 1/2 cup water to avoid burning)
3. Heat oil+butter in a heavy bottom pan.
4. Add cumin seeds, let it splutter.
5. Add ginger,garlic paste and stir it for 1 second.
6. Stir chopped onions cook it until soft.
7. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until it gets mushy and water evaporated.
8.Add Pav bhaji masala,red chili powder,coriander powder and salt to taste.Cook it until oil separates out.
9.Mix boiled vegetables and cook for 5-8 minutes at medium flame.
10.Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves,chopped onions,sprinkle lemon juice and small cube of butter to each serving.
11.Take small amount of butter on Pan.Roast Pav from both the sides in the heated butter by opening it.
RS Notes :-)
- · I've used Everest brand Pav bhaji and red chili powder.· Homemade Pav Recipe.